Trained biceps look attractive, even if a person’s arm is in a relaxed state. Therefore, many athletes pay maximum attention to the development of this muscle. Training for biceps at home has always caused a lot of controversies. If you have at your disposal a barbell, a pair of dumbbells, or at least a crossbar, you can easily cope with this task.
How To Get Bigger Arms: Biceps Exercises At Home
It is best to give preference to collapsible dumbbells – they will allow you to adjust the load and increase the intensity of your workouts over time. Biceps at home can be pumped in various ways, but some of the most popular are held with dumbbells in hand. And you can perform the following exercises with the help of the sports equipment in question:
- 1. Sit on a stool with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lower your arm with weighting, resting your elbow on the knee from the inside. Start to raise and lower the dumbbell. Many athletes who are interested in how to build biceps at home usually begin their practice with this exercise.
- 2. Stand flat with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take dumbbells in your hands and, holding them with a direct grip, slowly bend your arms. The position of the fingers cannot be changed.
- 3. Take a large towel, place a dumbbell in the center, and grasp the edges with your hands. Hands are freely lowered along the body. Without shifting your elbows, bend your arms, lifting the dumbbell, and at the endpoint, rotate the hands. Hold for a short while in this position, and then lower your hands and start over.
- 4. If you have a large gymnastic ball, you can put your hand with a weight on it and slowly bend the elbow, holding on to the surface of the ball with the other hand. Pumping biceps at home involves the use of various improvised means.
- 5. You can lean on the ball with your back in a sitting position. From this position, slowly straighten your arms, and then bend them without moving your elbows. You need to look up all the time. At the point with the highest load, linger for a couple of seconds.
Biceps exercises at home are recommended to be performed twice a week. Moreover, the break between them should be at least 72 hours.
Bulk biceps at home: back and bicep workout with a barbell and on the horizontal bar
Exercising your biceps at home will be more effective if you have special equipment. The main exercise, which is recommended to be done on the crossbar, is pulling back with a tight grip. Do it in 3 to 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. Moreover, classes are recommended every other day.
Using the barbell as a weighting compound, you must bend your elbows. Do the exercise in a standing position in several sets with a large number of repetitions. You can train every other day. To succeed, it is important not only to regularly perform the above-mentioned exercises but also to adhere to some other rules. The main ones are:
- 1. Try to consume a sufficient amount of protein food, because it is from protein that muscles are built.
- 2. Sleep at least 8 hours at night and be sure to take breaks between workouts for biceps.
- 3. Exercise regularly using different exercises.
- 4. Train not only biceps but also other muscle groups.
- 5. Perform all exercises correctly.
- 6. Gradually increase the range of motion.
Training biceps at home is very real, it is only important to follow all the rules and move towards your goal. And it is not necessary to seek the help of a specialist or regularly go to the gym. Therefore, it all depends on you.